Friday, January 28, 2011

There's an easier way

So driving home from the Pinewood Derby Race tonight, Evie says "do I get to keep my derby car til I'm DEAD???"

Which somehow lead right into:  "I'm gonna get dead before I get married."
To which I responded:   "What? Why are you going to get dead before you get married?"
And of course her answer was:  "Because I don't want to get married." (in a what are you--stupid? kind of a tone)
So I say:  "Evie, if you don't want to get married, you don't have to get married.  You don't have to die to get out of it-you just choose not to do it."  And then:  "Why don't you want to get married?"
Drumroll please.  Her reply:  "Because I don't want to be a mom.  I just want to be an aunt."

Alrighty then...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, the things people do to get out of motherhood these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, have I mentioned lately that I LUV her...

    ReplyDelete