Thursday, January 20, 2011

vegetarian by default?

I have been noticing something odd over the past few weeks, and it seems to be getting worse and worse; I have a real aversion to meat.  I have never been a huge fan of raw meat and have always hated cleaning chicken (which is why I buy boneless/skinless chicken only), but have always managed to just grimace and bear it. 

I have been trying more meatless meals, which of course is not a bad thing in terms of health benefits.  And the kids actually told me they preferred the vegetarian chili to my usual beef chili.  But this morning while cutting open the plastic on a pork loin to throw in the crock pot before work, the smell of the roast was making me nauseous.  But the odd thing was, it really didn't smell.  And the real kicker was, when a commercial came on tv for a new burger that showed a close up of said burger--no idea whose burger the ad was for-- I physically gagged.  At a television picture of a hamburger.  What's up with that?? 

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. We've done a ton of veggie meals this month as well, but that's only because I wanted to see if I could do our groceries in $300 or less.

    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're pregnant.........it tends to make you gag at previously unoffending things. Anyway, as Elizabeth's T-shirt during her brief stint as a vegetarian read, "meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder." I personally would prefer a T-shirt like the one we saw at our last race.... "powered by bacon."

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Mary. I almost commented that this was similar to how I felt during my pregnancies,(shrimp made me nauseous during Gabrielle's, and microwave popcorn during either Ty's or Evie's) but decided I didn't need to go there. That is definitely NOT what is going on!! I like both of those t shirt sayings... and btw had no trouble scarfing down lots of yummy meatballs tonight after smelling them simmer in the sauce all afternoon. Go figure :)

    ReplyDelete