Sunday, December 2, 2012

What a turnabout!

I believe many of you had heard my rants about how I was NOT going to spend my weekends driving around the state for my kids' sporting events, because I have three kids and it's not fair to the others to drag them around and blah, blah, blah.  And you probably heard me eat some crow last year when we allowed Gabrielle to try out for the Spring Select soccer team, (which involved weekend tournaments in Mesa, Gilbert, Tucson, Prescott, Peoria, and Southern California) and I really enjoyed it, and so did the rest of the family.

Well, fast forward to this year, and we are all in.  There is no denying that we are a full fledged soccer family now.  Gabrielle is playing club soccer, and Tyler is playing both rec league and club soccer until the end of December, and then Dennis will coach his all star (Spring Select) team from January to May.  And Evie is everyone's favorite "goal can passer", for Gabrielle's team, and the girls and their parents all love her.  So this was a tournament weekend, which meant 2 games Friday night, 2 games for Tyler on Saturday, 1 for Gabrielle, and 2 games for each today (Sunday).  And what did we add to the mix??  A 7:30 pm US Women's National team soccer game last night, because 3 games in a day just wasn't enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment