Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I just keep finding ways to lose that Mother-of-the-year award

Yup, so today's story involves my 3 kids AND a friend's son. Great, huh? I brought the kids to "Jump Street" which is an indoor trampoline park. They had a great time and we were heading home to get something to eat when I realized I needed gas. I pulled over just before getting on the highway, got gas, and decided I didn't want to deal with making a big square to avoid the "no left turn", so I just turned south and decided I would see if that road would lead me to Thunderbird so I could get on the highway there.

I'm driving, not really paying attention to the speedometer, trying to figure out if this road would lead me where I wanted to go. The kids are laughing and I'm half listening to that as well. We drive by 4 motorcycle cops pulled off the road on the left, and I glance at my speedometer and think "oh sh*#%", but just say "aarrrgggghhh".

Almost immediately I see one pull out behind me, and I hear Tyler's friend say, "One just pulled out. Are you getting a ticket?" And then the lights come on and I say, "Yup."

I pull over and grab my license, and am trying to direct Gabrielle to where the insurance and registration are when the officer reaches the window. I don't really glance at him when I hold out my license, as I am still trying to get the insurance card when I hear, "Do you know Dennis Arseneault?" and IMMEDIATELY realize I recognize that voice. Yeah, that's not embarrassing at all to be pulled over by someone who knows your husband , but who you have only met a couple of times. Ugghh! And then to have to confess to the parents of Tyler's friend that I was pulled over with their son in the car... Another lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment