Monday, January 30, 2012

She IS my kid!

Dennis had commented that the pro bowl was no fun to watch because there was no defense, and players didn't want to get hurt so they really didn't try all that hard. Ty still wanted to watch the game, so it was on while we were all doing other things and he was the only one paying attention to it.

After one particular play, he commented, "See, that was a good effort. They are trying to win."

Dennis looked up, glanced at the time left and said, "Well it's a close game and it's the 4th quarter. They're gonna try now 'cause it's close and they get $25,000 if they win."

Gabrielle looked up from her book and said incredulously "They get $25,000 if they win?"

To which Dennis replied, "Apiece."

Gabrielle said, even more incredulously, "They get $25,000 EACH for winning the Pro Bowl???"

Dennis: "Yes."

Gabrielle: "They play a game to entertain people. It's not like they do anything that benefits the community. What makes that worth $25,000?"

HAAAA! Some of what I say does sink in. Made me so proud. :)

Now mind you, I am a huge NFL fan, (and NHL, and some NBA) and through my television viewing and merchandise purchases and occasional game-going, I support these athletes outrageous salaries. I do know that. Doesn't mean I think they actually earn those dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment