

Yes, I seem to be having my own little "mom crush" on Taylor Swift. I can't stop raving about what a great show she put on that was TOTALLY APPROPRIATE from the second she stepped on stage to the second she left (which by the way, was a good solid 2 1/2 hours after she began her show).
Now, I am the first to admit that I love me some Katy Perry "Last Friday Night", or Rihanna "S & M", and can sing every word to those songs when my children aren't in the car. However, in this hypersexualized world that we are trying to raise 2 daughters (and a son) in, it is refreshing to see Taylor Swift; gorgeous, gracious, modest, and publically embracing her "role model" label.
Now, I am the first to admit that I love me some Katy Perry "Last Friday Night", or Rihanna "S & M", and can sing every word to those songs when my children aren't in the car. However, in this hypersexualized world that we are trying to raise 2 daughters (and a son) in, it is refreshing to see Taylor Swift; gorgeous, gracious, modest, and publically embracing her "role model" label.
Taylor has every reason to be a spoiled, bratty, young starlet, yet isn't. She enjoyed her first success at the ripe old age of 16, has won every Country Music award under the sun plus a couple of Grammy and American Music awards as well. She has brought her mom to awards shows, she sings about fairy tales and first kisses, and she thanked the crowd at least 10 times for showing up, supporting her, and buying her music.
Her set included a sparkly, revolving tree at the opposite end of the stadium from the main stage, and she walked right through the crowd, shaking hands and hugging little girls (and some older girls too). I embarassed my daughter when I teared up as Taylor spotted a little girl with no hair and a pink headband, who I can only assume is going through chemo, went straight up to her, gave her a hug and took off the bracelet she was wearing and dropped it in the little girl's hand. I love this girl!
Her set included a sparkly, revolving tree at the opposite end of the stadium from the main stage, and she walked right through the crowd, shaking hands and hugging little girls (and some older girls too). I embarassed my daughter when I teared up as Taylor spotted a little girl with no hair and a pink headband, who I can only assume is going through chemo, went straight up to her, gave her a hug and took off the bracelet she was wearing and dropped it in the little girl's hand. I love this girl!
I guess you know you are a mom (or maybe just old) when you get home from a concert, and you want to write a fan letter, not to the artist, but to her mom for raising such an amazing young woman.
I loved this, makes me want to go out and buy her CD, did you write that fan letter yet to her mom?
ReplyDelete