The house phone rang at 7 something this morning, and caller ID said "cell phone" and displayed a number that looked familiar but that I couldn't immediately place. ( I was not yet done with my first cup of coffee; remember it was 7 something). I picked up and said
"Hello?" and heard
"No that's not going to work because I'm..." and I interrupted with
"Hello?" thinking I was overhearing a conversation that was to someone in the caller's house, and again heard
"I got your text. That's not going to work. I can't do that because I'm just now leaving..." so I again interrupted
"MARY, this is Lori and I don't know what you're talking about." pregnant pause...
"Wait, who's this?"
"This is Lori."
"Oh, how did you get on my phone?"
And this is why I love my friends. Just as I am feeling so frazzled like there is nothing I can do right (or better yet get done at all), I realize I am not alone in being overextended, overtired, overworked, and all those other adjectives! Thank you Mary :)
Lol, I love it! There's been a few instances when I've been disconnected while she was talking and when I call back, she only realized I was disconnected because the phone rang in her ear.
ReplyDelete