This very well may be TMI for some of you, so be forewarned.
I am very much a glass-half-full kind of a girl. I typically have a positive outlook, and don't get too rattled about the small stuff. So after a recent mammogram found that I required "further testing", I was mostly able to tell myself that lots of tests require further testing due to technician error, machine inconsistencies, full moons, etc, etc.
A second mammogram with different views and an ultrasound, found that the mass was just a cyst. However, in the 10 minutes of staring at the ultrasound screen, watching the technician locate (easily locate) and measure what very obviously was not supposed to be there, I must admit to being quite...humbled? scared? breathless? ("Stop holding your breath you ninny. If you pass out on the ultrasound table, they are going to think something is REALLY wrong and require even more testing." )
So without being preachy, ladies...make sure you get your annual screenings and tests, and whatever else your doctor recommends, cuz there's nothing quite like knowing for certain that it's NOT cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment