Thursday, July 16, 2009

Youngest Learns First

Evie is learning about gender interaction sooner than you'd think she would need to. Her friend Walter was over, and she, Tyler, Gabrielle, and Walter all decided to play pirates. Walter and Tyler went into Tyler's room to "get ready" (read: put on bandanas and capes, practice brandishing plastic swords and saying "arrr").

Walter comes running out of the room just as Evie steps out of Gabrielle's room. Now, mind you, Evie had been wearing her new favorite piece of clothing which is a black leotard with an attached skirt. She added, for her pirate garb, a shiny pink lame cape trimmed in fur, and a necklace.

Walter looked at her and says, disappointed, "I thought we were dressing up as pirates."

And Evie says, dejected, "You don't like what I'm wearing??"

Luckily, Eileen (or Lee) are training Walter right, because his reply was "No, I like it alright."

PHEW! Tears averted!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, must be modeling Lee's response to me when I come out dressed in my...well, let's just say shiny pink lame cape trimmed in fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Can I assume that you're working on blog that fully reflects you vacation adventures with pictures to boot?

    And go to cutestblogontheblock.com to fancy up this blog of yours...the prettier you make it, the more likely you are to keep it updated (I surmise).

    Eileen (your pushy and demdanding friend)

    ReplyDelete